It’s really simple, and if you are like me this week, you received a major reminder of that in the announcement of a man’s death.
His name was Billy Graham.
What’s simple? The Gospel message.
What have I done? Allowed Satan to complicate matters:
- It’s hard to share with certain people groups.
- People will not accept.
- People will hate me or stop talking to me for sharing.
- I don’t know how to share.
- What if they ask me a question?
- I’m not a preacher or evangelist.
You may have come up with your own complications, and I encourage you to make your list and then confess it to God.
I listened to that famed evangelist share, and this morning as I was reading my Bible, I was reminded that it was the same message shared by another man of God, named Paul. (Check out 1 Corinthians 15:1-11).
Yet, no matter who was sharing it, the message is the same:
- God loves you.
- He sent Jesus Christ to die for your sins.
- He was buried and rose again on the 3rd day.
- He ascended into heaven, and is now at the right hand of God.
- Believe on his name and you will be saved.
- Your life on this earth is just the beginning, for eternity in Heaven awaits those who die in Christ.
When is the last time you shared John 3:16 with another person? Do you remember how it goes?
For God SO LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
God forgive me for allowing Satan to cause me to forget the beautiful, simplistic and powerful message you’ve given us to share. You’ve done all the hard work, the sacrifice, the death on the cross…all I have to do is tell others how much you love them and have done for them.
Thank you that Billy Graham never wavered in sharing that message, so that we can be reminded today of how #WeToo need to share the Good News of Jesus Christ!
Maybe this will start a new movement! A movement for the Kingdom of God!
Come, Lord Jesus! But until you do, I too will share the Good News. It’s not complicated!
Grace and Peace
American evangelist Billy Graham, giving a speech on stage, circa 1970. (Photo by Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)